Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Look at me gooooo!

I know it's been a day, so you'd probably assume I'm still obsessed, but I want to make sure you know I AM STILL OBSESSED (with knitting).

I've been awake for about 6 and a half hours and all of those except for a short chicken noodle soup with stars and pudding break have been spent either looking at patterns or actually knitting becaaaaaaauusee.....

I've started knitting! Isn't it pretty? This is how it'll look when it's done, hopefully. But yeah, mine's a darker green with flecks of browns, beiges, and maroons. It includes short rows, which I spent half an hour learning last night at 2:30 in the morning on a practice swatch, school kid style. It's not that hard at all. And even though I feel like I've already spent my entire life on it (I exaggerate a lot and I'm a really slow knitter anyway), I'm really happy with it! I've even learned how to unknit bad stiches! Look how far I've come! I'm bursting with pride for myself! Bahaha.

I'll upload pictures of my progress tomorrow - right now it just looks like a green piece of crap. I'm excited.

No comments: