Sunday, April 8, 2007

I thought I recognized a corner of your smile

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at AdSense, a Google based ad-thing that you can put on your site to make money. I got kind of excited until I realized that I hadn't even started this blog yet. So I got on that.

I really don't know why I'm doing this. This meaning this blog. I had a few in middle and high school - you know, xanga, livejournal... but I always got bored and forgot to write in them. I promise to try and keep up with this, but I don't make any guarantees.

But seriously, blogs are great because you can be as self-centered as you want. You can talk about your day and what you did and what attractive guy you may or may not be interested in. A blog is also like a sympathetic friend - he let's you vent without interrupting for as long as you want and doesn't even bore you back with his own problems. A match made in heaven! The only downside is that you can't take a blog to the movies with you.

I went home this last week for my Uncle Bud's funeral. I accomplished the admirable feat of seeing everyone in town that I wanted to - the Monroes, Andrew, Jenn and Jake, and Mandy. Although I will admit it was easier now that no one is left in Tucson. Dang, I just remembered that I didn't see Robert or Chelly, even though we did try. Blast. Well, 4 out of 6 is pretty good.

I've had a band-crush on Hem for about 6 or 7 months now, and I must say that my admiration is growing daily. From the time that Danny McMaken handed me a burned copy of Rabbit Songs sophomore year, second semester, after the Chris thing went kaputz, I have listened to it... well, I just checked iTunes and it says only 5 times, but my hard drive crashed this summer, so that's really not accurate. Just be confident in the fact that I know every word to every song, and I'm definitely almost there with Funnel Cloud, their newest album which came out on my birthday. Praise Allah.

Wouldn't it be fun if I wrote music reviews? But I'm not good at saying things like, "Sally's voice blends almost etherally with the unorthodox, eclectic variety of instrumentation. The musical melodies infuse with the vocals to produce themes reminicent of intensely thought provoking matter." I like the kind of straightforward analysis like, "Sally's voice is great. Her band is great. Sufjan Stevens said so." Totally kidding, totally kidding. But yeah.

Well, I wrote a lot of one of these. At this rate I could publish a novel of all my innermost feelings (like how much I love Diet Coke) in a couple months.

No comments: