Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's not hard to fall when you float like a cannonball

I have become what you could call (but wouldn't if I wanted to be correct) a tea connoisseur. The southerners must be influencing me because almost literally, all I drink is tea. I even wrote the word "y'all" today. I don't really want to talk about it.

But since EMI has about 12 kitchens (this could be an exaggeration), I usually hop over to the one in A&R, right next to the new ping-pong table. Now I almost always get the same thing - one tea bag of black tea, a generous helping of French Vanilla creamer (I tried the normal kind once - it was a mistake), and half a packet of Splenda. It's glorious. I generally go through three of these a day. Today I hesitatingly tried Earl Grey instead of the plain black, but it turned out really well. Oh tea. I love it.

And when I eat dinner here (Jan and Richard's), they only have iced tea to drink. They mix orange juice and a fruit tea together with about half of the glass filled with ice, and it's amazing. I always drink mine too fast. They laugh and have started brewing more.

No comments: