Monday, July 2, 2007

Is this the part where you let go?

Alton Brown apparently works on the Food Network show trying to find the next food star... and all I have to say is, he's not the jovial man he portrays on his own show. I'd be afraid to meet him in a dark alley at night. I'd be afraid of some sarcastic remark - or a mugging. But I'd be afraid of a mugging no matter who I met.

So I've found out that in the south, bugs are not only more plentiful, but they also leave larger marks of their presence. I have a mosquito bite in my thumb that's roughly the size of a golf ball. Well, at least a nickel. A nickel that is red and blotchy and itches really bad.

Bugs are also more bold. As I was getting into my sweet ride this evening, a lightning bug came up at of nowhere and hovered at eye level, staring at me. I was kind of taken aback, I mean, when's the last time a firefly wanted to make contact with you? But I decided I didn't care, got into my car, and drove to Target.

That's all.

No comments: