Sunday, June 3, 2007

One for sorrow, two for joy

I've been slowly trying to ween myself off of Diet Coke because apparently even though it doesn't have calories or carbohydrates, it's still BAD for you. Who knew. Right. Anyway, I O.D.'d on tea last night at Panera (not sweet tea, thank goodness - southerners are weird) and I couldn't fall asleep for hours because my body wasn't used to all the caffeine again. I can never win.

But if you didn't know, I'm in Nashville right now. I work at a crazy ice cream parlor downtown and live with a couple of older people in ritzy Forest Hills (which, I just googled and found out that it's the second richest city in all of TN - first is the town 2 streets away, Belle Meade). It's a good thing that I eventually got ahold of the Richard and Jan - if I couldn't live with them, I would have had to live with my 40-something, homosexual manager, and 20-something death-metal-lover-man who makes it a point to have as many tattoos as piercings and is also a lover of exotic pets, such as large boas and poisonous reptiles. Can you imagine my summer with those two?!! Seriously, disaster avoided. Or at least a really good plot for a movie avoided.

My internship at EMI starts tomorrow and I'm pretty excited.

Also, I've been looking up libraries online to try and find one near me.

I'm kind of lonely.

It's Elizabeth's birthday today. She's 15. That seems impossibly grown up.

I think I'm done here.

2 comments:

Emily said...

remember how my cousin Kelley (the one that reminded you so much of elizabeth)-i believe her exact quote was "guys, i'm SO the only one that's dated"-and their birthdays are on the same day?!
yay for sameness!

corrie said...

i saw an add for what i think is called diet coke plus. it's new and has added vitamins and nutrients to make it better for you. maybe you should look into that. thought you'd like to know that you might not have to give up your favorite drink!