Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Part 1 of Day of Insanity

This is just a perfect example of why my life isn't real.

I ordered 200 blank white CD's and little white CD hubs a couple of weeks ago for my COR project. As of Thanksgiving, they still hadn't come. Finally, yesterday the CD hubs came in and we could start making the CD cases, which I suggested we start to do because as of yesterday we hadn't even started. So today Gary and Emily helped me paste and stick my way to success. Except Jakob didn't give me all 200 boxes, so we only have about 115 done. Anyway. The CD's.

As they still hadn't come in by today, I called the customer service phone number of the company. A woman on the other line told me that the CD's hadn't been shipped yet (!!!) because they were waiting for me to verify it.
"Verify what?!" I asked, utterly confused.
"Verify to send it across state lines." Uh. Excuse me?
"Did you send me an email or anything about this?" I was incredulously confused.
"No, but I think we called 5207957493." Oh great, they called my home number in TUCSON because it was the number on the card. But I was slightly mollified because that makes a little sense, right? But no.
"Did you leave a message with anyone?"
"Oh, I think I left a message." Right. So I call my mom, and of course they hadn't called. No call, no message, nothing. So I'm pissed about that. Then I try and get them to change my normal UPS ground shipping to an overnight rush delivery. No go.
"You can't change the status of delivery once the order has been made." I'm beginning to think this woman has a personal vendetta against me.
"But," she conceded, "you can cancel the order and then place another order and have that overnighted."
"Ok, if I did hypothetically do this, and re-ordered, would the CD's come by tomorrow?"
"No."
"Why??"
"We have to process it first. It's only overnighted from the time it's shipped."
This is getting ridiculous. So I hang up.

More later... I need to keep working.

No comments: