Monday, August 4, 2008

Long Distance Relationship Scarf



I was talking to Colin tonight about his girlfriend's upcoming arrival to Tucson. I told him about my recent obsession with knitting and he told me I should knit her something Arizona-y. He suggested a saguaro. I was dubious. But then I found this amazing pattern for a dishcloth that has a pattern for
every state. Yes please! I settled on a scarf (it's quick and she's getting here in like 3 days) that has the shape of Arizona and the letters AZ at one end, and the shape of Illinois (where she's from) with the letters IL at the other. Colin bequeathed unto it the name, "The Long Distance Relationship Scarf" and the legend of the scarf has begun.

But seriously, isn't it cool? Yay Arizona! Maybe I should do something for Ohio for Chris? Too nerdy? Maybe.

An update for the cardigan - the body is basically done, so all I need to do now are make the sleeves and make the collar. I would have worked on it more tonight except I went over to my Irish neighbor's and was fed mass quantities of wine. When I tried to leave after one glass, Amond told me, "We have a saying in Ireland - a bird can't fly with only one wing," which apparently means that you have to drink more. A lot more. Irish people are great.

1 comment:

Emily said...

1. I read your blog.
2. I expect a scarf.
3. Christie expects a scarf.
4. Maybe you can make mine gold and red and hers green (for no specific reason)-just to celebrate our 'opposite sides of the world' theory.
5. I read your blog.