Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blue Sky Rain, the Sisterhood, and Ugg Boots

Well, the sun's shining and it's pouring outside, so you know everything's normal here in Arizona.

Seriously, I see lots of blue sky.

I still haven't seen Elizabeth (or really any of my family) for a while now, so I haven't been able to make her sit still and take pictures of her wearing the Sweet Vest (capitalization for awesome-nouns). But one day! One day soon. I haven't picked out buttons yet, but I'm hoping for something older and ugly looking to match, like a Cameo button or something puke green.

I'm going to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 tonight with Crystal. We're the only members of the Sisterhood left in town, and we will be grieving our separation in style.

I'm still plugging away on the Long Distance Relationship Scarf, but am stuck because I'm trying to decide if I want to knit approximately 3 feet in plain stockinette or in some other style that won't make me die of boredom. I'm easily distracted, even with my obsessions.

Elizabeth
really wants me to make her these:



Apparently Ugg has some just like them for a couple hundred dollars, but the pattern was only $6 and she has ordered me to make them for her. I'll have to learn to knit in the round on 2 circular needles (which is weird and scary, but this summer is all about staving off boredom, so I'll do it), but other than that should be pretty quick to knit. So now I have two deadlines - finish the LDR Scarf and these boots before I leave Tucson. Go me!

No comments: