Friday, October 17, 2008

Threaded Bliss/Bliss/Whatever, I love it

I felt like a soccer mom circa 1995 today, running errands in my '92 Dodge Caravan with the fake wood siding.  It was awesome.

One of the most important stops on my list of places to go/do was Threaded Bliss yarns, the closest LYS to me.  Despite many good natured decisions to visit the Sit N' (and?) Knit there, I had never gone.  When I found myself with a whole day of nothing, I thought it would be the perfect place to visit.  And it's AMAZING.  As soon as I stepped inside, a young woman around my age, maybe a little older, popped up and asked if I needed anything.  There was a large-ish group of people around a table, eating, knitting, and apparently having a blast.  And as soon as I was ready to check out (I bought Regia? it's brown and tweedy and will make amazing fingerless mittens, which is what it'll be used for), left the group immediately to help me, as nice as could be.  She told me everything about the shop, when all the sit and knits were, what kind of needles she recommended, and all in the nicest, most friendly way.  Basically, it was like a cool club and I want to be part of it like whoooooa.  I'm pretty pumped.


No comments: