Thursday, December 25, 2008

I miss you, I'm going back home to the West Coast.

"I wish you would have put yourself in my suitcase"

Merry Christmas!  I got Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop and Knitting Around.  I'm already longing to be back in Nashville with my needles and yarn.  They're like my little children.  Children I manipulate into whatever I want them to be.  Sounds like most parents, right?

I also got other things, a camera, clothes from Elizabeth, Surprised by Hope by NT Wright (I LOVE HIM), candy, iTunes gift card, and other things I can't remember off the top of my head.  And my mom said she wanted to get me yarn, but didn't know what kind, so tomorrow morning before my flight back to Nashville, she's taking me to a cool LYS on the Northwest Side.  I've never been there, but from their website I got the impression that they're the most well stocked in Tucson.  I can't wait to go!  I'm going to get yarn to make the Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan for Chris' birthday!  (Below is a picture of one such that I particularly liked... but really, the pattern is so versatile I can literally make it any way he wants)


I'm thinking I'll do a V-neck cardigan, a dark brown, with maybe some skinny lighter brown stripes?  Stockinette all over and maybe garter stitch button band and cuffs?  Who knows.  I'm super excited to start though.

Merry Christmas, bing bongs, and have a happy new year!  :)

No comments: