Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas time is here

I'm back in Tucson for Christmas and all I can think is, "Why did I not bring any knitting needles home??"  I'm seriously going crazy.

Chris and I had our exchanged last night and one of the gifts he gave me was a book called The Friday Night Knitting Club.  Since I had nothing to do with my hands on the plane, I read about half of it.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It's like they tried too hard to make it about knitting.  I don't know.  The characters are ok, but I feel no real connection to any of them, sans one or two.  But even then, I wouldn't be heartbroken if anything happened to them, and I really could care less about the main character.  Lame.  Fiction revolving around knitting is an interesting subject to me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, so I just googled the book to read some reviews and not only was it a New York Times best seller, but they're also making it into a movie with Julia Roberts as the protagonist.  The one I don't care about.  Hmm.  It's sort of ironic because in the book there's a sort of weird film student who keeps staking out the yarn store where the book takes place to see if Julia Roberts goes in.

No comments: