Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter you're my magical hero in this muggle world I live in

Harry Potter is over, my mom is coming next week, and the night outside is perfect. My life seems to be one big lazy Sunday afternoon with all the time in the world for me to loll about and daydream about Harry Potter. I love the concept of contentment.

The release of the last Harry Potter book, if you're wondering, was amazing, brilliant, and tragic. Emily and I dressed up (for the last time, I kept reminding myself) and attended as Tonks and Luna Lovegood, complete with hot pink hair and lion head tied to a witches hat, respectively. I had so many people come up to me saying they loved my costume, and two people even asked to take their picture with me! I was Luna.

When midnight came, Em and I were about the 12th in line to get our books - we had gotten there an hour before the store opened to ensure that we were first to get our bracelet that told us which group we'd get our books in. I made friends with lots of fellow Nashville-Harry Potter lovers, including a 6-year-old black girl dressed as Hermione who not only was adorable and hilarious, but ALSO knew her Harry Potter. When a little girl dressed as a dementor came near us and I said, "Oh no, Hermione! Do the Patronus charm!" she IMMEDIATELY pulled out a wand she had just constructed out of pipe cleaners and brown tape and yelled, "Expecto Patronum!!" That girl was AWESOME.

My manager at work keeps asking if I want to see Harry Potter naked. He kind of ruins the magic.

No comments: