Monday, August 18, 2008

Nashville, ho!

So I left my new Macbook charger in Tucson. Lame. But it's all right - I've been so busy seeing people, packing up stuff, and going to weddings that I haven't needed it.

When I got to Greenville I was so bored. Angie and I did our obligatory McDonalds-run late the night before, but the next day everyone I knew (which wasn't a whole lot) was working so I spent a lot of the day wandering around the town and campus wondering why no one remembered to remind me how there was nothing to do. But later that night I remembered what I love about this place -- sitting on Thomas' porch, drinking beer, sitting in silence with the breeze and the bugs; being secretly giddy to hang out with certain amazing muscians and then 5 minutes later embarrasing myself completely in front of them; laying on the diry carpet of Tower with Caitlin and Bre, no furniture, boxes in piles, talking for hours and hours about sex, life, God... the people are what I'll miss.

I can't believe I'll never live here again.


No comments: